Sunday, August 31, 2014

Mackinac Bridge Walk, the Grand Master gets wet !

Today was exciting, I challenged the Job's Daughters of Michigan to raise money for H.I.K.E. Each Daughter that raised at least $100 for the charity was able to take a shot at me with a bucket of freezing cold water.  In total, there was 45 gallons of water, and 30 pounds of ice. It was great fun, and everyone enjoyed seeing me soaked.  The underlying lesson here is that we don't need to give others our contributions, when we have our own charities to support.  Let have fun and raise money for our own. You can enjoy watching the ordeal by clicking here. Tomorrow is Labor Day, and time for the annual Bridge walk. This is a amazing example of subtle fundraising, Walking the Bridge for H.I.K.E. (Hearing Impaired Kids Endowment Fund). The Girls raised $ 2,358 for H.I.K.E. today.