Saturday, August 23, 2014

Dinner with the Grand Worthy Advisor, a grateful Grand Master

Miss Sydney is the Grand Worthy Advisor of  Rainbow for Girls in Michigan. It is the custom that each leader have a reception to honor them for their commitment to lead the Organization for the year.  Such was the day today in Alma, where the Grand Officer did an initiation ceremony and an early afternoon dinner.  It was an enjoyable time. Was able to reinforce the Youth challege to "do the most good" and talk about the Ice Water "Bucket" challenge with a twist, I am getting a bucket for every $100.00 donation to H.I.K.E. the Jobs Daughter charity. And Finally, I supported Sydneys charity with a donation and encouraged my Masonic brothers to do the same.  A good day, and when it was over, we packed up and headed back to the land of my inheritance. When we got the the bridge, they were in the middle of the crossing of the Corvettes.

I want to take a moment and tell you how much I appreciate my Worshipful Grand Marshal and his wife in a way I have never felt.  He is attentive to my needs, caters to my wants, and makes me comfortable in ways I only imagined.  Even when I am not paying attention to my surroundings, he will rescue me from folks who love to chat with the Grand Master maybe too much, when I arrive at a seat in a room, there are always refreshments, and most times attention to my seat to make sure it is comfortable. When I need to find a person, he is on the hunt. It doesn't stop there, he and she watch out for my bride, carry our "stuff" and when the end of my day or the end of my stay arrives, he is there to take the load for me. I never wanted to be someone else's burden, I'm used to taking care of others, but I have to tell you, this helps me in ways I never thought possible. When I am exhausted mentally, occasionally it affects me physically, and I swear he is intuitive to that, and shows up from the shadows. But even more, he manages to care for the needs of my support group that are laboring around me too. Their needs may be small or difficult, and he finds a way to solve the issue, to lighten the burden, to quench the soul. Thank you Robert Cooper and Sharon, for juggling an already busy Masonic Life, and taking care of your Grand Master. I am truly grateful for both of you.