Friday, October 30, 2015

My Daughter ties the knot

I have been absent for way too long.  What have I been doing you say ?  Well, its complicated, but its  also changes in Life. Last week we drive out to Salt Lake City for a week.  I and Angela witnessed the sealing of your Daughter Stephanie to Yossiho Peralta, a Mexican guy from the South of Mexico, 7 miles from the Guatemala border.  He did all the right things, called me in advance to ask for her hand in marriage.  They came out to Michigan on October 3rd so he could have a taste of where she grew up.  He is a great Son, and I am glad to have him in my family.  He is the trifecta for Steph.  He is a Brother Mason, a Member of our faith, and he is very musically inclined. Oh and he speaks Mexican xx I mean Spanish.  When talking to me, his English is perfect, and does not search for words.  Steph on the other hand, chirps in his ear in Spanish, and I also notice he speaks his native tongue when he is tired.  This all happened at the speed of Light.  They were engaged on July 4th during a trip to Las Vegas.  He called me the night before to ask for my blessings.  As I write this, they are in the State of Washington on a honeymoon.  So its been a whirlwind of activity.

I became the Valley Secretary for Scottish Rite, and just completed my first Reunion.  A gentle start, but stressful because it was on the road, and the night before we were to head out to Salt Lake City. The ride to Salt Lake took 28 hours on the way out, and 25.5 hours on the return trip. I don't know why the difference.  There was no weather on the trip, and was totally unremarkable.

I am still in the slow stages of recovering from Last Years crazy busy schedule, by body (Mind and soul) literally crashed, and I am nourishing it back to health.  It didn't happen overnight, and is a long process.

I will update as activities happen.  Next trip downstate is November 7th for  the Grand Cross of Color in Rainbow for Girls.