Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Grand Master visits his home lodge.

It's true you can't be a prophet in your own country. Tonight I went to lodge at Grand Island Lodge No. 422. Dinner was good, we had lasagna and we had a new member show up who is from Florida. He has moved to Munising where he was born and raised after spending 40 years in Florida. It was my last time attending my own Lodge as Grand Master, it was sort of a bittersweet evening, but I know that the next time that I come back I will be able to spend more time helping the lodge in its several community and internal projects.  As a Grand Lodge officer it's always important to have your lodge supporting you, and I can say that Grand Island lodge has been my biggest supporter. I will always be grateful for the men who are members of the lodge and the important role each of them play in my life.  Tomorrow it's time to pull out the list for packing to get ready to head south of the bridge one last time.