Saturday, May 2, 2015

First sun burn of the season .... I watch

Its official, spring is here and I just finished baking my first sunburn of the season.  I don't tan like my fair skinned friends, I burn like a piece of  forgotten toast.  I thought I was only outside for a few minutes, but I guess it was 4 or 5 hours.  Danielle and Izzy painted my shed, and the trim.  It was looking very neglected from a few years of abuse.  I went down to the hardware and secured the necessary tools and fluid, then they went to work.  I was the sidewalk superintendent and was told to keep my place while the experts did their thing. When the job was completed, I was was, and am very pleased with the results.  The shed has never looked better.

How many of our Lodges are looking neglected, with young men standing at the door ready to put a new coat of paint on them?  Are we ready to sit and watch as they do their magic, and renew the Lodges?  Will we always want to critique with, "you missed a spot" or "We never did it that way" !

It's spring, time for renewal, time for new ideas, time for a rebirth, a new growth.  Time to boil down the sap for the precious syrup hidden in its contents.

Let's get these boys some tools, put them to work, and sit and watch the fruits of their labors!