Thursday, September 4, 2014

I'm seeing Stars...... Eastern Stars

Caught up on 1st Thursday visits to U.P. Lodges, so I took time to stop by my local Eastern Star Chapter.  This Organization is composed of women with Masonic Affiliation, mostly.  There are a few who don't have affiliation.  It is Christian in nature with its teaching coming from the 5 women in the Bible. Ada, Ruth, Esther, Martha and Electa.  The women enjoy the sisterhood, they dislike the long drawn out Communications that are required to be read but dont pertain the the local chapter, and the new young members are not fond of the required dress code.  A dress is fine, they just don't want it touching the floor.  I have to agree. I don't think any one of the 5 heroines of the order wore anything more that a sackcloth of humility.  Anyway, the young ones smile and nod their heads for the time being, until they are tired of being told to conform, then they will silently disappear, and we will wonder why they haven't paid their dues, etc. I enjoy associating with the organization because of the members.  Great folks, kind hearts, years of service to the Order and the community.