Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Shuffle Board, Coffee Chat, Investment Committee, Luncheon and Board Meeting


So I'm out of the shower, and I look out of the window, and here is Duane and Jane Todd out in the Courtyard playing shuffleboard.  Well, I dont want to pass up an opportunity to visit the residents and my friends, so out I go and I watch the game for a half hour. Next thing I know, I'm competing against Bob Mervau, the man I just presented a 70 year pin to 30 days ago. Not only that, he is spotting his partner next to me. Its 10 am, saved by the clock, half a game thru, I excuse myself to the coffee chat with the residents and Cindy Bosley.  Good Ole Bob comes in and announces that Shirley and him won the game, so I'm thinking a rematch is the only way to settle this score. Who does Bob think I am, some kid? Anyway, I'm at the coffee chat, and we are introduced to Pastor Ben, the new Pastor for Pathways.  Ben comes from Yugoslavia, the same place that gave use Mother Teresa and Nikola Tesla.  A great young man, I'm looking forward to his service, and the only glitch I see is that he has an uncanny resemblance to Dave Yaroub in Food Service...... What do you think ?
The investment committee met to greet our new representative from Co-America Bank who handles our Master Trust Account, and also listened to Dean from Clearbrook on the performance of our investments and recommendations for changes. This is also the time that a Lodge who wants to purchase a building or renovate would present their plans.  The Three Board Luncheon after the investment meeting is always a great way to keep all three corporations in the loop with information, and share problems or concerns that are potentially common to all. After lunch I packed up, and headed to the Office for my Board of Directors meeting. We moved through the business of Grand Lodge, I approved several By-Law changes and had a few pieces of correspondence I will review, and possibly respond to.
Meeting done, back in the car and headed home.  My daughter Stephanie called to let me know she stumbled across over 50 pictures of my Maternal Family back 3 generations.  Good news, and I'm back home for a day...... Love sleeping in my own bed.