Thursday, August 28, 2014

Michigan State Fair ...... It's not Fair, its a Worlds Record !


Sometimes the Grand Master responds to invitations when he's not too sure what the outcome will be. In Novi tonight several Grand Lodge Officers and their extended family enjoyed the VIP Preview of the Michigan State Fair, Ribbon cutting, rides, food and a special event.

Guernsey's Dairy held a Guinness Book of World Records event for the most Sundays consumed in a 15 minute period.The previous amount was 794. Well, thanks to some hungry Shriners and Masons, and a few others ;-) we set a new record. Over 1000 Sundays were consumed. 

It was a very interesting evening for me, got to shake hands with Tarzan Zerbini, a man who survived 500 stitches from a cat attack.

Oh, and I held an alligator, which after having them coming over the side of the ring toward the audience, was a bit un-nerving.

Oh, I found out my days on the gravitron, tilt-a-whirl, zipper and bumper cars are pretty much a fond memory.  I did try the calliope, and almost screamed like a girl to slow down. Vertigo is not my friend ;-) Some think I have become a Chicken whisperer, what do you think?  Lots of networking with my Masonic Brothers from the SE corner of Michigan, and well worth the trip...

Thanks to Craig Stegman and Ill Sir Bob Pate for extending the invitation to the Grand Lodge of Michigan to participate.